Learn about the role native plants and animals play in addressing climate change, creating habitat and enhancing biodiversity:
- In-school educational and interactive presentations for Year 3-6.
- Engaging and fun outdoor activities, with local Top End experts.
- Meet a ‘real life’ NT Botanist & Vegetation Scientist and inspiring women in STEM.
- Meet some of the animals that call your backyard home!
SESSION 1 – NATIVE FLORA
- Leaf and Plant Discovery – a fun interactive introduction.
- Recognising and Collecting Different Plant characteristics.
- Preserving our Unique Top End Ecosystems – understanding the role of plants and vegetation.
SESSION 2 – NATIVE FAUNA
- Why are wildlife important and what roles do they play in the local environment?
- Meet and handle some local native species of wildlife.
- Find and describe wildlife around your school grounds.
- Session #2 will extend knowledge from Session #1, highlighting the inter-dependence of Top End species, habitats and biodiversity.
Tailored to T-10 Australian Science & STEM Curriculum V 9.0 and NTCET
- Identify, plan and apply elements of scientific investigations.
- Make predictions, record observations. Measure and control variables.
- Conduct field work and laboratory experimentation to collect reliable data.
- Represent, sort, compare, analyse and identify data, patterns, trends and relationships.
- Communicate ideas, findings and evidence using scientific language and representations.
- Summarise data and draw conclusions based on evidence.
Tailored to Year 3-6 Australian Science & STEM Curriculum V 9.0 and NTCET
- Intercultural Understanding.
- Critical and Creative Thinking.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Capability.